Pages

Us

Us
me and my handsome feller!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bullies are not for the Barnes!

Alexa and her bully.

Last year, Nathan AKA the bully created much chaos at our house. It started with smashing her belongings, calling her names, chunking stuff at her over our house fence, and then the straw that broke Momma's back, he punched Alexa in the stomach. I took care of it last year with a nice little Burr letter that got the point straight across.
This year when we went to go and get class assignments, Nathan was listed in her class. Panic set in....but everything would be alright. He didn't show the first day. The second day...until last Friday. He came back. By the time alexa called me after school, he'd already had a call home to the parent and lost recess, because he wasn't wanting to do what the teacher told him to do. Alexa still seemed to be holding it up at this point. Her daddy told her that if he says anything, just reply with "your momma..."
MOnday, she goes to school, and Nathan decided he wanted to change the seating arrangement around so that he could sit next to her. My teacher friend noticed and said, "I don't htink this is going to work!" Alexa hung her head and said it was ok. She then wouldn't talk to me about it after school. She did talk to her daddy, and what she told him was that they were sitting there. Some sort of conversation started, and Alexa said that Nathan Had been mean to her last year. She started the list of things that he'd done....he called me Medusa. Joelle(boy) said, Oh yeah, I remember whne you called her that...hey, you do kinda look like Medusa" Alexa's reply....well you only know what she looks like cause she's your momma!" (LOL) He told her that his dad was a police officer, and she said whatever.
Today when I got to school Librarian had already sent assist principal a note with children's names attached. She's grown very fond of Alexa and really started building her up last year as they'd read series of books together, and Alexa would out read her every time. In the end of the school year, she bought alexa the last book in the series and signed it for her. SO SWWET!
So today, I got pulled into the principal's office....scary!
He also talked to me about Alexa and Nathan(the bully). He had forgot about it from last year, and he's aware now. I had already talked to her morning and afternoon teachers at this point, and I was told that they wouldn't be put together in any kind of seating chart. The librarian(Deb) has made sure that EVERYONE is aware. She walked into lunch with me today, and he was getting ready to sit down next to Alexa...even though he'd been TOLD not to sit by her. Deb was so mad, she grabbed his arm and yanked him up and told him that he needed to sit somewhere else. She then told the PE teacher what was up...the PE teacher had him sit at another table and gave him a pretty harsh "talking to". PE teacher has become very close with Alexa this year because of safety patrol. Music teacher emailed me this weekend and wanted to know who the bully was...told him, and he said that he'd take care of that situation...he doesn't like boys that are mean to girls. Alexa was one of 65 picked out of 350 to sing in choir, and today she was told that she will most likely be picked along with 8 other kids to be in honor choir. All to say, the teachers have all fallen in love with her, and I don't think that Nathan will have any chance at surviving this school year if he doesn't make some wise choices. I don't think that I'm going to have to do anything...they are all doing it for me. :) So glad that she's shining!!!! I think God has opened doors for alexa. The kids may see glasses, a quiet girl that is shy and smart, but the teacher see a hard working smart respectful, and funny girl that has shed her glasses and gotten contacts. The shedding on the glasses was like hte shedding of the old to see the beauty created underneath those glasses. They see the beautiful, talented, and lovely lady that we see. PRAISE GOD. I continue to pray for these students and teachers. The children that are bullying so bad obviously have issues at home or otherwise that they need to deal with, because the only reason that they'd think it's ok to talk to another like this is if they were hurting so bad that they pointed their pain on someone else. IN most cases, not their fault! I pray for healing for them too

No comments:

Post a Comment