Pages

Us

Us
me and my handsome feller!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

You don't know....

I recently had a teenager tell me, "you don't know. You don't understand. You are an adult." I was at first shocked, then mad, and then I just kind of laughed. Obviously this little girl didn't know me. She doesn't know how open and honest I am about my life. I may not understand her exact circumstances, but may she doesn't understand, that I've dealt with:

-drug abuse
-sexual abuse
-rape
-emotionally abusive relationships
-sexual addiction
-depression
-physically abusive relationships
-anger problems
-anxiety problems
-suicide attempt
-being in jail
-stealing
-needing to feel loved (by boys)
-adultery
-being in rehab
-having no one there
-going to a counselor
-addiction to smoking
-feeling responsible for things that weren't my fault
-hanging with the wrong crowd
-trying to get attention in ways that I ended up getting negative attention
-taking stupid risks
-being joyful
-healthy relationships
-love
-faith
-having kids
-getting married
-finding a straight(er) and narrow(er) path
-loving who I am
-having real friends
-and turning my pains into a life that I want to help others.

Yep, maybe I don't understand, but you know what...Maybe I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment