Pages

Us

Us
me and my handsome feller!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Vow

I rented "The Vow" to watch with Alexa and her friend. I had already seen the movie, but I really didn't like it the first time I saw it. It was sad, and I was just like...ehh. I rented it for them to see, because it was something that they both wanted to see, and it was "ok" on the teenage factor. Strangely enough, Terry sat down to watch it with us. The story is about a couple that is madly in love. They are quirky and fun. One tragic accident turns their lives upside down. Their car is hit and the wife gets thrown out of the car sustaining a brain injury. She wakes in the the hospital and has amnesia and doesn't recognize her husband. The last people she remembers is her mom, dad, sister and her former boyfriend. The husband tries to win her love again, never telling her the tragedy that broke communication with her family. She finds out that her dad had an affair with one of her friends, and her mom stayed with her dad to preserve the family. .... When it got to the part that the husband watches his wife wake up from a coma, Terry said something about "you can't imagine seeing your wife like that." Alexa's friend asked what happened, and we explained that I was very sick and Terry had seen me just like (tubes and all). As I sat watching the rest of the movie, my brain started seeing things that I hadn't seen before. I didn't like the movie at all before. BUT, when I watched it the second time, Terry's comment affected me. It's July. It's "that" month that everyone's birthday comes, and I have 2 birthdays. The day I was born into this world, and the day that I left my old body and became new. The suicide month. I usually go over memories, but last year (or the one before that??), I wrote down all the memories so that I wouldn't have to fit together the pieces again. When I woke up from my coma, I didn't realize all of the things that could have happened to me. I could have been that girl that woke up with complete brain injury. I could have woken up and forgotten everything that had previously happened in my life or woken up and been a vegetable. I thankfully woke up with all memory and still liking vegetables but not being one! What if I would have woken up different? Would Terry have tried to make me fall in love with him all over again? I'm sure that he would have. I wonder if we would still be together. What would have happened with the kids? In the story, she finds out that her dad had an affair and mom stayed with him to preserve the family. Bless my husband. He dealt with that too, but he was the one that stayed. He wanted to preserve his family. I don't know...all of the movie I sat there and cried, because I'm so thankful for my husband and my family. I'm so grateful for the trials that we endured and the place that we are now. We are not perfect, but we have each other and I love that man with all my heart. We learned to make a new life after that summer. We made new memories and we have that happy ending. I have a new view on "The Vow". I like that movie. It makes me appreciate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment