Pages

Us

Us
me and my handsome feller!

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

My friend recently wrote, “Feminism has become a culture of male bashing.” (Karen Seale) This put into words for me what I’ve been trying to say in my head about recent events. The past few years, the feminist movement has grown. In my own views, it has grown out of hand. I am all for equal rights. I am all for equal pay. I’m all for rapist and abusive spouses receiving punishments. So many quotes about, “well if you aren’t a woman, you wouldn’t understand”, and “if you’ve never been sexually assaulted or abused, you wouldn’t understand”. Some that were a little more shocking to me were things like, “men, sit down and shut up! Now you understand what we feel like.” A little background about me…I was a good child. I also pushed the limits at times. I drank at parties. In college, I lived with 2 friends that I knew were regular drug users, because it was a rent cut that I needed(roommates).  During that time, I was raped by their druggie friend. They heard everything, but they thought I was kidding. I did not go to the police, because I had gotten out of a very abusive relationship the week before and had my then ex-boyfriend arrested. I didn’t think the cops would believe me, so I moved out and buried my experience for a year until it came exploding out of me. A few years later, I married a man, because I was pregnant with his child. He was extremely abusive at times. When he knocked a hole in the wall that was next to my head, his mother replied, “Well, if it’s dry wall, we can fix it!” SO yes, I have been through those experiences, and I DO understand. I have 2 boys, 2 girls, and a precious husband. We have raised our daughters to be tough and strong and also lady-like. As they’ve gotten older, and our daughter was heading off to college, we talked about my greatest fear was her going to a party and getting drunk and ending up in situation that would leave her vulnerable.  We have raised our sons to open doors and be kind and protective of women and gentlemen-like. As they’ve gotten older, I’ve talked about consent and being respectful of girls.  I have off and on worked, but I always get back to the place of feeling like my kids and husband need me at home for different reasons, and I have put my family first in staying at home. My husband is my greatest supporter. Back to the original topic of feminism. I’m all for women working outside the house if you feel lead. I’m in agreement that people should be paid the same. NO means NO. There are so many other details of feminism that I’m not touching on, but I’m pointing out the ones that feel relative to me. I feel like that people have taken awareness to the next step. The hate and disregard for the opposite sex has gotten vile. I am afraid for my husband and sons. With all of the senate news last week, people were going beyond a line that is safe and respectful. Making accusations about men in general that were hateful and disgusting. Why do we believe a woman because “she said so”, but we don’t believe men when they say so? I will not make a stand on Judge Kavanaugh until all of the evidence has been presented. I was not there and neither were you! Is there something on tape or video that proves his being guilty? So why is he being crucified? I will tell you why and that is because feminism has become a culture of hate. It is getting to the point that if some woman is upset, they will cry rape. That is offensive to me and several survivors of rape that are friends of mine. It is sad that we are getting back to a point that women will not be heard, because it is being thrown around so flippantly.   Putting every man into a category of “sicko” and “pervert” and telling them to “sit down and take it” is horrific. You want men to feel degraded, because they are men? You want my husband and sons to feel what it is like to be uncomfortably pinned up against a wall just because they are men? NO person should be made to feel that way. NO person should be raped physically or emotionally. Why is it okay to make people feel like they are less because they are not like you? Whether it be black vs white or man vs woman. Start treating people with class and with love. The men that are respectful of women are getting categorized, and It is idiotic. God made me a woman. Guess what? I can do things that the men in my life can not do. I have held 3 babies in my body. That is strength. I have fed 3 babies with my body. That is a miracle. I do not have to walk around screaming about the blood that comes out of my body. Yall, I am 43 years old and I still am totally okay with not talking publicly about my period! I think it is a bit ridiculous with women walking around with vagina hats and blood smeared clothes in order to prove a point. Yes, our bodies are different. I have never even figured out the point that is trying to be made with these hats and protests? In addition, Women don’t want guys walking around poking their penis’s around on people, but they are totally okay with any magazine, facebook article, Instagram picture, etc. of women with their boobs for all to see and the dresses that barely cover the necessities? I can’t tell you how many times that my husband has held me back in the grocery store when some girls are walking around with EVERTYHING out there to see, and he knows that I want to tell them to stop. What kind of reaction are they wanting to get? A sexual one. They are wanting people to look at their “sex appeal”. They are wanting to be wanted. No, they are not wanting to be raped, but they are wanting to share everything to show what is available. My sons do not need to see all that. Please respect yourself a little more and put it away. We have gotten to a point where men are backed into a corner and cannot say anything without being called anti-feminist. We've gotten to a point where there is so much hate from women against men, that I feel like women want to be more powerful than men. Where is the equality in this? Why does it have to take so much hate in order to get your point across? Your point is getting lost in the hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment