Pages

Us

Us
me and my handsome feller!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 25. Post operation Appointment

Went to my appointment today. Everything looks like it's healing great. She told me that the lab work had come back and that everything was benign. THEN, she told me that there were 3 tumors that were "good size". My jaw dropped. I"ve had a sonogram, a ct scan, and all these tests run, and nothing has ever showed up!!! Makes you really wonder about technology and second opinions, eh? She is still not sure that is what was causing the swelling, but I can imagine with 3 "good size" tumors, scar tissue, and adhesions, there is a good chance that is the answer. I also got a letter from my GI doctor this past week that said after further testing, he was requesting a sonogram on my gall bladder. My gyno said that she didn't think it was a bad idea to go ahead and have it checked out. I'm going to call my insurance company tomorrow and find out if it will be covered and then schedule it. I really think that my gyno was a GOD SEND! I don't know if a few years ago I would have gone to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. I've always just trusted what doctors told me and trusted what test results came back. I no longer put these things on a pedestal like I did before!
All the nurses and doctor were in tears as I left. I'd shared my story, and they were 1. happy that she found the answer and have been healed, and 2. I think they saw first hand the difference made in my life. If you are in the Houston/Humble/Spring area and are in need of a good gyno, let me know, and I'll send you her name. She is the most caring doctor, and the nurses there are just as caring. When I went in for my first appointment, the doctor had to do a pelvic, and I was in so much pain that I was almost screaming. THe nurse held me hand with her one hand and gently rubbed my arm with her other hand as she spoke to me with a soft gentle angel like voice. I know that sounds corny, but touch is the most amazing thing to someone. It can calm the roaring seas of emotions.
I go back in 2 weeks for my internal check and release from all activity ;) My pain is gone, my swelling is gone, and I've lost 4 pounds.
I can not even begin to explain the amazing journey that God has brought me on through this all. When this all started, I thought...why me? Why again? What have I not learned? Don't you know I trust you God? Well...I didn't really trust Him. I wanted to control what was going on and I couldn't really let go. After talking with my pastor's wife one day, I heard myself say...I can deal with whatever it is, but I can't deal with not knowing what it is. It hit me...I'm not really giving this over to Him, am I? I looked at it then with new eyes. I've continued to ask why and what, but I started asking with a new direction. What do you want me to know, because I know I have more to learn. Why am I going through this? What are you teaching me, God? Leaning on the everlasting arms...He has never left me or forsaken me. He has taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and I am thankful beyond measure that I recognized MY control issues and just went along for the ride and never giving up. Trials are not for us to sulk, pout, and live negatively about, they are to grow us in ways that we never could have been grown otherwise. I"m feeling like a new person. Waking up with no pain is a blessing every day.
Thank you so much for your encouragement, laughs, prayers, shoulders to cry on, help with my family and their needs, and just being my friend. I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for in life. I have the best family and husband.
What's next in life? Who knows? Life is never dull around my house, so I'm sure our next chapter of life will emerge somewhere or sometime soon, but that's ok. When we need God is when we are closest to Him.

God never says that He will not give you more than you can handle, but He will provide a way for you to endure.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (New Living Translation)

13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment