As soon as I took the clothes out of the dryer tonight, I wrapped on of the large warm towels around me, and thought...hmmm, I wonder if this is what it feels like to have God's arms around me? Fresh laundry smells so good, and then it's all warm and cozy right out of the dryer. Well, I know that God's arms are much warmer and inviting than that towel..that towel will cool down and eventually stink! But what a sweet moment it was after a long day of Satan trying to whoop my rear!
So that long day...well, we have decided in less than a week to move a family of 6! Crazy much?!?! About 2 months ago, I was driving in my car and praying. I sometimes get my best time with God when I'm driving. It's quiet. I can't get distracted by laundry, dishes, or stuff like that, and I'm usually asking for lots of forgiveness for thinking bad thoughts about the other people out there getting in my way (lol...you know that's sometimes a truth for all of us!!). Anyway, this day in particular, I had the craziest thought. Dear God, I want a house! I want a bigger house. I want a house that has neighbors that need to find you. I want a house to help minister to others. I've invited all my neighbors to church. I know it's going to take a miracle to get us into a house, and if it's going to happen, it's going to HAVE to come from you(God)! As I was finishing with this thought, my phone beeped. My verse for the day, "Philippians 4:6
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Ha! Now that's a weird way to send a message to me God! BUT, I called Terry and told him, and I remember thinking, "I'm standing on this promise."
Flash forward to this past weekend. As we unloaded the moving truck into my neighbor's new home, reality set in...my favorite neighbor and close close friend was not going to be a few steps away from my door. As much as I knew in my heart that we will be lifetime friends, and she was only 10 minutes away, I also knew that I was going to go back home. I also saw my dream of wanting a house was sitting right in front of me. I wanted a house with my name on it. I wanted it so bad for my family. I wanted that secure feeling of knowing my kids could play outside without gun shots or marijuana in the air. My oldest daughter had been punched in the nose by a boy in lunch earlier in the week for NO reason, and it was the scariest feeling. This is not the way to live. I had planned on staying all day over Beth's house and helping her unpack, but my emotions were getting the best of me, and I told Terry that I needed to go home with him. I was feeling so selfish. I told him that I wanted to drive around the neighborhood really quick just to see what was there. We drove to the back of the neighborhood, and I saw it...an empty beautiful house! I said, "that house right there...it's empty!" Terry was looking at me like I was crazy, but sure enough it was empty! The neighbor was outside, and Terry stopped to ask about the house. She had the business card of the owner of the house...a pastor. He called on the way home, and as he called, I just started praying (forgetting at this point that I had request a house from God). I prayed that if this was it that doors would fly open and if it wasn't right that the door would slam shut (and quick!). Well, doors started flying open and fast!
After a day of phone calls to start up all the utilities and such, withdrawing my daughter from school, and packing..well, I'm a little overwhelmed. We came home, and Terry has a medical issue that has popped up, and Satan is just eating at me...Are we going to be able to move? How am I going to move all of this house? Is the little increase in rent going to kill us? What if we have a bad month? What if something happens to Terry? Seriously Satan, I hate you!
I'm sitting here thinking of the conversation with most of the same thoughts from last night that I had with Beth, and she said to me...listen to yourself! God's given you this house, and you are questioning if He's going to provide a way to move you? (seriously thinking to myself how STUPID I can be sometimes lol)
Matthew 6:25-34
English Standard Version (ESV)
Do Not Be Anxious
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[a] 28And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
I'm holding onto this verse. I'm trusting that if it's not the right time or place that God slams the door shut. I'm ready for whatever He gives me (...I think). Lord, keep handing me those warm towels and hugs from you.

No comments:
Post a Comment