Every girl dreads that trip..you know, the one to get the dreaded swim suit. The outfit that will most likely not cover all the flaws of a woman's body. You want to hide that tummy and especially for woman that have had the privilege to have children! You want to hide those legs. Make the boobs a little bigger and higher...lol. You know it's true! Some women won't even GO out in a swim suit, because they are so afraid of what other people might say or think.
When I was in high school/college, there was a boy that changed my thinking on things like this. I had met him when I was very thin, and as time went by, I added a few pounds. I used to point out to him all the time that I was fat. Most girls do that needing reassurance that they are still beautiful. After several years, we parted our ways, and one of the last things that I remember him telling me was, "Angie, I never noticed you had gained weight until you kept pointing it out to me. It never really mattered to me until it mattered to you." WOW! I learned a great lesson that day. I could sit and point out all of the ugly flaws that I thought I had and show people the things I didn't like about myself, or I could accept myself, move on, and be proud of the body that God gave me. That boy probably doesn't even know that was one moment that forever changed my life...and I'd like to thank him.
I met my husband a few years later, and he told me that he didn't like skinny girls...haha...I knew then that I would marry him one day, because I'd had hips since I was 12! LOL After 3 babies and all those horrific things that happen to your body when you have babies, he still thinks that I'm the sexiest woman alive. He still chases me, and most the time...I let him catch me! He even points to the flaws, and says, "That stretch mark got my baby here...thank you!" Sometimes I wonder if I sat and told him all of my flaws if he would see them? Would he look at me the same way? I really don't even look for the (outward) flaws anymore, because I am who I am because of the places I've been.
One of the first swim suits I tried on today, I bought. Like every summer, I will put on that suit with pride and go swimming EVERY day. I will walk with my head high and show my daughters that there is no too fat, too skinny, too droopy, too whatever it may be. We are woman of worth and the man that catches her one day should love her as their daddy loves their momma. He should look at her and make her feel like the most beautiful woman ever...just as their daddy does their mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment