Another old note that I wrote this past summer..
Last night I went out on a date night with my husband, Terry. I was so excited. I rushed to get all my kids settled in with friends house to spend the night. After dropping off our last child, Terry and I were walking to the car excited about having a night alone. I looked down and my shirt had "kid stains" on it. My hair had been thrown up in a pony tail, because I hadn't had time to get it fixed before we left. I had little to no makeup on my face. I'd 1/2 shaved my legs, because I was hurrying to get their stuff done, and I forgot the other half. The polish on my toes was coming off. Man, I was going on a date with my husband like this? We went by the house so that I could at least change shirts, and as we were walking out of the house, Terry looked at me and said, "um, you have a stain on that shirt as well!" I just didn't feel pretty! Having 4 kids can do a lot to you. As we were riding along, I was sitting thinking about all my imperfections; my tummy and other things that have gone south since having children, my tired eyes, my hair falling out because of health problems, stretch marks, on and on...man, how things have changed since I was in high school!
But you know what? I am still pretty. God made me just the way I am. He knows me and sees me as His most beautiful creation. Who am I to say, "well God, you made a few mistakes and why couldn't you have just fixed this or that?" I am wonderfully and beautifully made! He made me and knew exactly how He wanted me! Who could ask for more?
My grandfather put a Bible verse in the Bible he gave me when I was 13. It was probably the first verse I knew by heart and found real meaning in....Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord, SHE SHALL BE PRAISED! As a teenager, mother, growing woman, we need to repeat this verse to ourselves. Are you a woman who fears and loves the Lord...you are beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment