Pages

Us

Us
me and my handsome feller!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I pray that they have appreciation

ap·pre·ci·ate   [uh-pree-shee-eyt] Show IPA verb, -at·ed, -at·ing.
1.
to be grateful or thankful for: They appreciated his thoughtfulness.

verb (used with object)
2.
to value or regard highly; place a high estimate on: to appreciate good wine.
3.
to be fully conscious of; be aware of; detect: to appreciate the dangers of a situation.
4.
to raise in value.

Synonyms 2. Appreciate, esteem, prize, value imply holding something in high regard. To appreciate is to exercise wise judgment, delicate perception, and keen insight in realizing the worth of something. To esteem is to feel respect combined with a warm, kindly feeling. To value is to attach importance to a thing because of its worth (material or otherwise). To prize is to value highly and cherish.


It is my prayer that my children have appreciation for the things they have. There is always someone less fortunate out there. I pray that they are happy with the things that they have. I pray that they appreciate the things God is doing for them. I pray that they appreciate others.
I hope that they appreciate all that we have done for them. I love the synonyms for appreciation.
We are so blessed to have the things we have. We are beyond blessed to live the life that we do. We are blessed to have the family (including church family) we have. We are blessed to know a God that is greater than us. We are blessed to have food on our table, a roof over our heads, and clothes on our back.

We had so much money when we got married. We didn't appreciate it. Now, my children think $1 fries at McDonalds are the best treat in the world. We didn't appreciate our family then. We have come to know that we are so fortunate to have moms and dads...children..grandparents. I don't know...just thinking about this today and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment