
Just sitting here thinking of my sweet Alexa Lu. From the moment I held her in my arms, I knew that she was so special. She changed my life in so many ways. The beginning of her life was a little scary for me. Married to a man that was wicked in so many ways, I was scared of what our life was going to be like. 2 weeks after she was born, he left. Such truth in the saying, "anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad". Her father had left, but her daddy would enter her life a year and a half later. She knows the truth now, and she says, "I don't want anyone but my daddy. What a blessing she has in Terry. He adopted her when she was 4. We talked about it before we ever got married. I told him that Alexa didn't have a dad, and he replied...Angie, you've got to be kidding me. SHe's mine. What an incredible feeling to have someone call you "mine". He didn't get a child by chance, he personally took her into his life and arms, and he's never acted any other way.
Alexa has always been a shy one. She started talking with a binky in her mouth, and because of that, she always spoke a little different. People couldn't understand her, so so just wouldn't talk. She instead began writing and reading at a very young age. I can remember when she was 3, she started writing in journals..so much like her mom in that way! We moved several times in the course of her first few years, which didn't help the shyness.
This last year we really saw her start to come out of her shell. She started talking and being silly. Our excitement turned to sadness this year though. The kids in her class have been so incredibly mean to her. NOthing a parent ever wants to see their child go through. She has been crawling back in her shell. They kids at school push and kick her, call her names(most recently Medusa), and make fun of her for not having a boyfriend...like a 10 year old needs a boyfriend? REALLY! I pray that she finds good friends....great friends that protect her, give her confidence, and are loyal. Friends that find the best in the incredible child that she is. I pray that her talents just shine through. I pray that no matter what she knows how truly special she is...not once, but 2 times she has been hand picked! Yes, 2 times...she was picked by her daddy on earth and her daddy in Heaven! I'm so thankful that Alexa knows and understands God's love. I pray that her daddy and I do all the right things and all the things we can to love and support her and to make her feel like she is the princess she is.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you..please don't take my sunshine away. I used to sing this to Alexa every night. She told her pre-k teacher that she knew her mommy loved her, because she sang that song to her. I find so much more meaning in that song now. Please don't take the sunshine that we see from our little girl. Please keep her full of light. She makes me so happy. She turned my life from a crazy party-girl, insecure girl into a mom that had never known the love that I had never felt for anyone before. I named her after the 2 most important people in my life. Alex(a)...my granddaddy that was my hero, and Lucinda, my best friend of 20 years.
"charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord, SHE SHALL BE PRAISED!
No comments:
Post a Comment